This one is for my wallpaper people—listen up! Although wallpaper has many good uses such as adding texture & color to a room and covering up poorly plastered walls there are even more reasons why you shouldn’t use it. Here’s a down and dirty list to explain why:
- Ranging anywhere from $20 – $100 or more per 56 square feet, wallpaper can get expensive. Ouch!
- It’s difficult to put on.
- It’s just as difficult to take off.
- It may start to peel over time.
- There’s a very large chance it will look extremely outdated in 5 – 10 years.
Please don’t get me wrong. Wallpaper is absolutely beautiful but there are more practical, less expensive, and just as equally sensible options to get a similar textured look. Here are some DIY tips to help get you there.
Which reminds me — my boyfriend was proofreading a previous entry and asked, “What the heck is a DIY?” For those of you asking that same question, DIY stands for Do It Yourself.
Photos via Houzz.